As we proceed the phased reopenings of our parks and accommodations across the world, promoting health and safety for our guests, solid participants, and the upper community is a accountability we employ very seriously.
On Saturday, we can proceed the phased reopening of Walt Disney World Resort, marking the first of our domestic theme parks to welcome guests reduction to the magic. While we wait for California pointers for reopening Disneyland Resort, and will regulate as wanted, we wanted to share more recordsdata on our approach to health and safety within the Disneyland and Walt Disney World theme parks.
We remain deeply dedicated to focusing on your neatly-being when you seek recommendation from or work at Walt Disney World and Disneyland Accommodations. From increased cleansing and disinfecting across our parks and accommodations, to up to this point health and safety policies, we have got got reimagined the Disney experience so we are able to all glean pleasure from the magic responsibly. We applied our health and safety measures after pondering the steerage of authorities and local health authorities, including the Facilities for Illness Lend a hand watch over and Prevention (CDC), to boot to to the U.S. Scurry Association and Disney’s group of health consultants.
Together, we are a Disney family, and whereas COVID-19, and the menace of contracting it, is present in public areas, there are a quantity of critical programs that we are able to all wait on promote each and each pretty heaps of’s safety. As we put into effect our pointers at our parks and accommodations, we are fervent to thank our guests and solid participants for all they enact to love one yet every other by doing their portion.
1. Health & Wellness
At Disney, our system emphasizes a combination of measures to wait on gash menace within the in moderation managed atmosphere of our parks and accommodations.
- Limited and in moderation managed attendance: All guests will likely be required to build evolved set apart purchases and reservations.
- Reduced ability and bodily distancing: We’re cutting back ability by letting fewer individuals enter our parks and are adjusting experiences to enable for bodily distancing, a key measure reinforced by the CDC. This entails bodily distancing in dining experiences, sights, queues and pretty heaps of areas. Moreover, bodily obstacles glean been installed in areas where bodily distancing will most definitely be complicated to preserve, worship money registers.
- Temperature assessments: Like a flash temperature assessments are required for all guests at entry to our theme parks.
- Face coverings: We are able to be requiring both solid participants and guests ages two and older to put on a face overlaying – except swimming or when drinking or drinking – and imposing this policy across our parks and accommodations.
- Handwashing and hand sanitizer: We glean increased the different of hand sanitizer areas and handwashing stations at some level of our parks and accommodations.
- First Abet areas: Our first reduction areas are staffed by experienced nursing workforce and glean up to this point their protocols for responding to symptoms of sickness.
2. Cleansing & Disinfecting
We’ve up to this point our already excessive standards for cleanliness across our parks and accommodations, with a plug emphasis on areas similar to sights, queues, dining, lobbies, transportation and pretty heaps of frequent areas.
- Elevated cleansing & disinfecting: We’re rising the frequency of cleansing, particularly for continuously-touched surfaces and excessive-traffic areas. Following park end, each and each park will receive an enhanced cleansing forward of guests approach the subsequent day.
- New procedures for resort stays: As neatly as to rising cleansing in areas similar to elevators and escalators, handrails, tables, handles, and restrooms, we’ve up to this point our procedures for visitor rooms at our owned-and-operated Walt Disney World accommodations. Sooner than arrival, every room will likely be given an enhanced cleansing and a light-weight cleansing service (including elimination of trash and replenishment of towels and companies and products) will likely be offered every pretty heaps of day at some level of the preserve.
3. Technology Options
We’re tapping into Disney innovation to wait on promote health and safety for our guests and solid participants.
- Disney apps: With the My Disney Trip and Disneyland apps our guests already know and admire, guests can survey hand sanitizer areas, explore digital menus, and more.
- Limited-contact alternatives: From Mobile Expose and cashless funds, to Walt Disney World’s MagicBands and online take a look at-in at clutch out areas, we’re offering technology alternatives that can build it more uncomplicated for our guests to decrease contact and preserve bodily distancing.
4. Solid Member Training & Place of work Safety
Safety begins with our solid, and we’ve adopted a different of recent policies and practices for solid participants at work.
- Training: Solid participants are receiving additional practising on both recent measures and the endured importance of private health and hygiene, similar to handwashing and pointless to claim, staying residence when ailing. For some, this entails practising on tricks on how to wait on all people who visits to prepare recent health and safety measures, including wearing a face overlaying and affirming bodily distancing.
- Place of work health and safety: We’ve increased the frequency of cleansing in work areas, adjusted our work practices to promote bodily distancing, and offered recent protocols for temperature assessments and face coverings.
- Health screenings: Solid participants will self-show conceal for temperature and symptoms of sickness forward of each and each shift and will preserve residence within the occasion that they don’t appear to be feeling neatly.
5. Working Together
On yarn of each and each of us shares a accountability for the health of our community, we’re making resources available to build guests responsive to our recent policies, so that they may perchance perchance perchance enact their portion.
- Guest verbal exchange: We’re proactively sharing recordsdata with guests about what to wait for forward of their seek recommendation from to make stronger their planning. In our parks and accommodations, we have got got added signage about private health and hygiene measures, bodily distancing, and more.
- Following our pointers: A fairly heaps of community of solid participants will furthermore be present within the parks to show our recent procedures, acknowledge questions guests may perchance perchance perchance likely just glean, and wait on all people to prepare these measures to promote the neatly-being of us all.
- “Together We Can Make On the present time Inconceivable” campaign: In June, we offered “Together We Can Make On the present time Inconceivable,” a health and safety campaign that spotlights healthy behaviors that contains fan-well-liked characters from the Incredibles involving movies. The campaign emphasizes that all people has a truly crucial aim to play in health and safety whereas participating guests in a uniquely Disney system.
We’re anticipating upholding this concept day after day, and to the return of our guests and solid participants to our parks and accommodations.
While you may perchance perchance perchance likely just glean additional questions about a explicit experience, we hope that you’ll explore the resources below:
- Walt Disney World: Know Sooner than You Scoot
- Walt Disney World Resort Accommodations: Know Sooner than You Scoot
- Disney Springs: Know Sooner than You Scoot
- Downtown Disney District: Know Sooner than You Scoot
- Reopening Disney Parks – Our Persisted Kind out Health and Safety, Chief Scientific Officer Dr. Pamela Hymel
- An Update on Disney Resort Accommodations, Vice President of Worldwide Safety Services Katie Kelly
In the occasion you’re ready to be half of us at your well-liked Disney destinations, we’re mad to welcome you reduction. Until then, be neatly – survey you soon!
Dr. Pamela Hymel
Chief Scientific Officer
Disney Parks, Experiences and Merchandise